Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Finding Your Passion

I'm sure you've heard people say, "You know you are doing what you're meant to do when you never feel like you're working." Or, "Find something you are passionate about, and make that your work." I always thought that sounded great, but I never really got it. I didn't know if I would ever find something I was SO passionate about that I was truly excited to get up and go to work each day. I liked teaching and loved working with elementary school aged kids - in fact, my very first class of Kindergartners are now Seniors in high school!!! WHAT?! But I lacked the passion that all of those quotes made me yearn for. 

This past year has been a whirlwind of personal growth. I had my 4th child a year ago and was so sick and tired of holding on to baby weight from having 4 kids in 6 years. My cousin's wife messaged me 2 months after I had the baby and asked me to be in her fitness and clean eating Challenge Group. She kindly sent me her Slim in 6 DVDs and I joined her group. I lost 22 lbs after 2 rounds of Slim in 6. I felt like I had taken control of my health and my body and I felt GREAT! I became a coach to help others feel as good as I did taking control of my life and believing in myself. You can read more of my story here

Suddenly I understood what those wise people in my life were talking about. If you find something you love to do, you'll never work a day in your life; coaching is that something for me. I. LOVE. IT. I love interacting with my groups on a daily basis and I love working with my amazing team of coaches - and amazing isn't even a strong enough word to describe them. They all work together, support each other, and we all learn from each other every day. 

I can't think of a better work environment than one in which I'm surrounded by people who encourage others to step out of their comfort zones in order to grow and live their best life too. It's a never ending chain of paying it forward. The joy of coaching is not just the physical transformations that we go through or witness, but a mental, emotional and spiritual transformation as well. I am so, so grateful to have a job where I am fortunate enough to be with people who consistently strive to be better, set goals and go after them, and spread positivity and joy to everyone around them. Really - I can't think of a better way to spend my days than growing and helping others. 

This past year I found my passion and that's helping others. I feel I've returned to who I am at my core, who we all are - caring, compassionate people who want the best for others. True joy is watching someone else succeed, giving back, paying it forward, putting yourself out there at the risk of looking silly to help people. That's what it's all about. It's been a life changing year and start to a new career...and it's just beginning! 

Have you found your passion? What do you love to do? Who do you surround yourself with? Do they lift you up and challenge you to grow? 

No comments :

Post a Comment